While you're planning on which events to attend, make sure to sign up online ahead of time. All classes are free and all require advance registration. This allows us to plan for the right number of participants and anticipate staffing requirements. Most sessions are held at our 3030 12th Street NE headquarters, although some events will allow you to explore other parts of the city.
Here is the full list, with links to find out more and register online:
- First Fridays: Trees in Bioretention presentation, Friday, September 2, 12:30 PM
- Trees 101 class (Citizen Forester-Qualifying), Saturday, September 10, 9:00 AM
- Frederick Douglass House Tree Walk, Saturday, September 24, 9:00AM
- Tree Planting Workshop (Citizen Forester-Qualifying), Saturday, October 1, 9:00 AM
- Fort Dupont Tree Walk, Saturday, October 15, 9:00 AM
- National Mall Bike Tour, Sunday, October 23, 9:00 AM
- Growing Fruit Trees in the DC Area class, Wednesday, November 9, 6:30 PM
- Climate Change and our Urban Forest, Wednesday, November 16, 6:30 PM
- A Community of Gardeners film and discussion, Saturday, November 19, 2:00 PM
- Evergreens, Winter ID and Bird Habitat Tree Walk, Saturday, December 3, 10:00 AM
You can also take a look at the full event calendar to see all events.
If you have any questions about events organized by our Education department, contact Shawn Walker, Urban Forestry Instructor.