We know that increasing the District's Urban Tree Canopy (UTC) from 35% to 40% by 2035 will be no small feat. Casey Trees is determined to make it happen, but it will take the support of informed citizen advocates to help us get there. At Stand Up for Trees, Maisie Hughes, Director of Planning and Design, Sue Erhardt, Director of Education and Shawn Walker, Urban Forestry Instructor, will teach you everything you need to know to advocate for trees in your community.
Stand Up for Trees will:
- Teach you about the tools that are provided by the District's municipal services
- Provide advice from community members who have effectively increased their neighborhoods' tree canopy
- Help you create action plans to stand up for your community's trees
- Qualify you as a Citizen Forester
- Feed you - a light breakfast and lunch will be provided