New year, new design!
Casey Trees officially turns 10 in February and to kick off the birthday celebrations a little early, we redesigned our newsletter, The Leaflet.
Among the changes is the way content is laid out. You can now read Casey Trees and general urban forestry news briefs as soon as you open the newsletter.
Following the News in Brief pages, stories will be categorized by section to allow readers to find topics they are most interested in. Sections include:
- From the Desk: A bi-monthly letter from Casey Trees Executive Director Mark Buscaino
- Tree Planting: Articles about Casey Trees’ tree planting programs, initiatives and partnerships
- Technology & Research: Highlighting urban forestry tools, research and analysis from Casey Trees and its partners
- Planning & Design: Focus on Casey Trees’ planning and design work in the District
- Education: Information on Casey Trees’ educational outreach
- Spotlight: Profile stories on Citizen Foresters, donors, project organizers, board members and staff
- Giving: Ways to financially support Casey Trees’ programs
- Volunteer: Available volunteer opportunities
- Advocacy: Stories about urban forestry protection efforts by Casey Trees, our partners and D.C. citizens
- Tree Care: Helpful hints on tree care techniques
- Citizen Forester Update: The central news source for Casey Trees’ Citizen Foresters
- Arbor Kids: Fun and educational forestry activities for children
The updated look reflects Casey Trees’ new outreach materials, featuring added white space, more vibrant colors and cleaner graphics.
Check out the January issue and remember to sign up for The Leaflet to begin receiving it on a monthly basis in February.