Our education department is launching a new program coined "Arbor Kids on the Go" to connect District youth to the City's urban forest. From June 28 until August 17, Casey Trees staff will travel to registered summer programs and engage youth in interactive tree focused activities.
Already 16 camps, schools, and churches, representing more than 1,000 youth, have signed up to participate. The good news is that spots are still available!
Here is why Arbor Kids on the Go is a great idea:
- Our staff will travel to you. If your regular meeting site does not have an outdoor area with trees, we will coordinate an alternate meeting place such as a park near you.
- Repeat visits. You can request up to three instructor led activities, each lasting approximately an hour. Each lesson is geared toward youth ages 3 to 15.
- Variety of activities. Arbor Kids on the Go activities include tree identification, tree anatomy, tree benefits, scavenger hunts, tree measurements, leaf and bark rubbings and more!
- Inclusion of all attendants. We ask that groups include 20-30 youth, with one adult per 10 children. Larger groups can request multiple sessions so everyone can be allowed to participate.
- Free lessons. Arbor Kids on the Go is free... but donations are welcome.
|Meet the Instructors: Liz Ball (left) and Sophia Shiaris (right). Coming to a camp near you!|
This is the perfect opportunity to keep your kids occupied with fun activities and to foster lifelong learning. Don't miss out! And don't forget to check out our Arbor Kids page for fun tree activities to do at home.