Thursday, November 19, 2009


A common question we get to our office is who should I call to prune or take a look at a tree.

The first part of the answer is - always an ISA licensed Arborist. Arborists are specialists in the care of trees. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to to provide proper care. You wouldn't take your sick child to be examined by an auto mechanic would you?

Services that arborists can provide include pruning, removal, emergency tree care, planting and a wide variety of other tree care services.

So where do you find an ISA Certified Arborist? The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture - yes, it is a mouthfull - developed a go-to web resource ( to help individuals in MD, VA, WV and DC find licensed arborists that service trees in their area. You can search by arborist last name or by county.

Additionally, you can verify an individual is a licensed arborist by visiting their other find an arborist web tool.

No comments: